OSE Immunotherapeutics Announces Collaboration with Microsoft
- OSE selected by Microsoft France to join the “Biotech Scaler Program” launched during “Viva Technology”, the European Startup and Tech event.
- This collaboration will give OSE the opportunity to further develop its digital tools and infrastructures, particularly in terms of Artificial Intelligence and algorithmic approaches applied to the development of innovative first-in-class immunotherapies.
NANTES, France, June 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OSE Immunotherapeutics SA (ISIN: FR0012127173; Mnemo: OSE) today announces that the Company is one of the first biotech startup companies selected by Microsoft France to be a privileged partner of its support program for French Biotech & Deeptech Startups. This program was launched during the 6th edition of “Viva Technology”, the most important Startup and Tech event organized in Europe being held in Paris from June 15-18, 2022.
Microsoft France’s « Biotech Scaler Program » aims to support companies at the crossroads of research and technology to accelerate products’ discovery and development. This program provides the selected startups with technical support in order to develop a technical framework of architecture securing scalability and startups’ data security. It also proposes a business support from Microsoft France and its partners through an ecosystem approach connecting startups, the research community, investment funds and the various health players.
Nicolas Poirier, Chief Scientific Officer of OSE Immunotherapeutics, comments: “We are very happy to have been selected by Microsoft to join their Biotech & Deeptech support program and we warmly thank the organizers. This collaboration confirms that OSE perfectly fits the target of the most cutting-edge biotechs by pairing its scientific skills and expertise in artificial intelligence and algorithmic approach to develop immunotherapies based on breakthrough innovations and to meet unmet medical needs in immuno-oncology and immuno-inflammation.”
Since 2019, OSE Immunotherapeutics has been collaborating with MAbSilico, a DeepTech-Bio company specializing in artificial intelligence (AI) algorithms and machine learning to accelerate the research and characterization of therapeutic antibodies.
Since 2021, OSE has benefitted from privileged access to the MAbFactory platform which centralizes MAbSilico’s innovative solutions based on AI. MAbFactory is deployed in the Microsoft Azure cloud with the access to an automatic and autonomous use to support the development of new antibodies and therapeutic proteins. The expertise of OSE’s R&D teams combined with MAbSilico’s AI platform is being used to successfully guide the discovery, the characterization and the optimization of new molecules, reducing both the time of development and the risk of failure in the preclinical testing.
The collaboration between the biotech OSE Immunotherapeutics, the Tech-Bio MAbSilico and the technology provider Microsoft reflects the interest of the Microsoft’s biotech program and will enable to strengthen and to go further in the deployment of a research based on AI, at the crossroads of this fruitful partnership between a Biotech and a Deeptech.
ABOUT OSE Immunotherapeutics
OSE Immunotherapeutics is an integrated biotechnology company focused on developing and partnering therapies to control the immune system for Immuno-Oncology and Immuno-Inflammation. Its balanced first-in-class clinical and preclinical portfolio has a diversified risk profile:
Immuno-Oncology first-in-class products
- Tedopi® (innovative neoepitope combination): the Company’s most advanced product; positive results for Phase 3 trial (Atalante 1) in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer patients in secondary resistance after checkpoint inhibitor failure.
Other ongoing combination trials sponsored by cooperative clinical research groups in oncology:
Phase 2 in pancreatic cancer (TEDOPaM), sponsor GERCOR.
Phase 2 in ovary cancer, in combination with pembrolizumab (TEDOVA), sponsor ARCAGY-GINECO.
Phase 2 in non-small cell lung cancer in combination with nivolumab, sponsor Italian foundation FoRT.
- BI 765063 (OSE-172, anti-SIRP? mAb on CD47/SIRP? pathway): developed in partnership with Boehringer Ingelheim in advanced solid tumors; positive Phase 1 dose escalation results of BI 765063 in monotherapy and in combination with ezabenlimab (PD-1 antagonist); ongoing expansion Phase 1. BI sponsored international phase 1b clinical trial ongoing in combination with ezabenlimab alone or with other drugs in patients with recurrent/metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) or hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- OSE-279, anti-PD1 – advanced preclinical stage.
- BiCKI®: bispecific fusion protein platform built on the key backbone component of anti-PD1 combined with a new immunotherapy target (for example: BiCKI®-IL7, preclinical stage) to increase anti-tumor efficacy.
Immuno-Inflammation first-in-class products
- OSE-127/S95011 (humanized monoclonal antibody antagonist of IL-7 receptor): developed in partnership with Servier; positive Phase 1 results; ongoing Phase 2 in ulcerative colitis (sponsor OSE) and ongoing Phase 2a in Sjögren’s syndrome (sponsor Servier).
- FR104 (anti-CD28 monoclonal antibody): licensing partnership agreement with Veloxis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in transplantation; ongoing Phase 1/2 in renal transplant (sponsored by the Nantes University Hospital); Phase 1 ongoing in the US (sponsor Veloxis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.) ; Phase 2 planned in an autoimmune disease indication.
- OSE-230 (ChemR23 agonist mAb): preclinical stage therapeutic agent with the potential to resolve chronic inflammation by driving affected tissues to tissue integrity.
CoVepiT: a prophylactic second-generation vaccine activating cytotoxic T lymphocytes against COVID-19, developed using optimized epitopes from SARS-CoV2 viral proteins, epitopes non impacted by multi-variants. Shows good tolerance and very good level of T cell immune response. In clinical testing, a long-term memory response was confirmed at 6 months.
For more information: https://ose-immuno.com/en/
+33 153 198 757
+33 607 380 431
U.S. Media: LifeSci Communications
Darren Opland, Ph.D.
+1 646 627 8387
French Media: FP2COM
+33 607 768 283
|Guillaume van Renterghem – LifeSci Advisors|
+41 76 735 01 31
This press release contains express or implied information and statements that might be deemed forward-looking information and statements in respect of OSE Immunotherapeutics. They do not constitute historical facts. These information and statements include financial projections that are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by OSE Immunotherapeutics’ management in light of its experience and its perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate.
These forward-looking statements include statements typically using conditional and containing verbs such as “expect”, “anticipate”, “believe”, “target”, “plan”, or “estimate”, their declensions and conjugations and words of similar import. Although the OSE Immunotherapeutics management believes that the forward-looking statements and information are reasonable, the OSE Immunotherapeutics’ shareholders and other investors are cautioned that the completion of such expectations is by nature subject to various risks, known or not, and uncertainties which are difficult to predict and generally beyond the control of OSE Immunotherapeutics. These risks could cause actual results and developments to differ materially from those expressed in or implied or projected by the forward-looking statements. These risks include those discussed or identified in the public filings made by OSE Immunotherapeutics with the AMF. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance. This press release includes only summary information and should be read with the OSE Immunotherapeutics Universal Registration Document filed with the AMF on 15 April 2022, including the annual financial report for the fiscal year 2021, available on the OSE Immunotherapeutics’ website. Other than as required by applicable law, OSE Immunotherapeutics issues this press release at the date hereof and does not undertake any obligation to update or revise the forward-looking information or statements.
Upcoming Life Sciences Events
- August 2022
- Biotechgate Digital Partnering August 2022
- September 2022
- Plan-les-Ouates: Café+Croissant
- Redefining Early Stage Investments (RESI)